i4a is a non-profit trade association made up of six Area Agencies on Aging (AAA) in Iowa which serve the six identified planning and service areas (PSA). The work of the Association is directly governed by the Executive Directors of each AAA.
Purpose of the Iowa Association of Area Agencies on Aging (i4a):
To assist our Association members in achieving their goal of delivering a comprehensive, coordinated and cost-effective system of long term living and community support services that help individuals maintain health and independence in their homes and communities.
The Association accomplishes its purpose by:
- Providing a forum for exchange of knowledge
- Studying and commenting on aging and disability policies developed by federal and state agencies
- Actively participating in the state legislative process, representing frail elders and persons with disabilities who cannot speak for themselves and empowering older Iowans with information and opportunities to make their voices heard.
- Studying, evaluating and defining the working relationships between the AAAs and local, state and federal governments and advocate for the needs of older and disabled Iowans.
- Educating local, state and federal governments about the services provided by the AAAs.
- Providing training of association members on best practices
- Coordinating and enhancing the statewide information, referral and assistance program
- Maintaining a statewide database of services and programs.